Do you want to read the legislation? Here are links to each of the bills:
Senate Bill 331 – passed in the Senate on May 25, 2016, despite more than 20 parties speaking out against the bill. Here are links to some of the opponents testimony, including Petland customers, animal welfare organizations, and representatives of city governments:
- John and Ashley Toothman, Petland Customers
- Mary O’Connor-Shaver, Ohio Voters for Companion Animals
- Vicki Deisner, ASPCA
- Amy Jesse, The Humane Society of the United States
- Susan Robinson, Puppy Mill Awareness of Northwest Ohio
- Kellie DiFrischia, Columbus Dog Connection
- Lisa Zimmerman, Hospets
- Linda Goldstein, Dogs Unlimited Rescue
- Laura Lanese, City Council – Grove City
- Rob Ludeman, Toledo City Council
- Garry Hunter, Ohio Municipal League
What can you do to help stop this legislation from passing?
Not sure what to say? Here are some talking points and tips!